Sunday, December 19, 2010

Next Stop: Purple Hair!


Forgive me blogger, for I have sinned, it has been almost a month since my last post. It's been quite a busy and fun month and I got to 99 lbs lost! That's right, I was right on the cusp of my goal on Wed. November 24th. I would have hit the magic number on Thanksgiving BUT.... my husband had other plans and whisked me away for a night at a posh hotel and dinner out for his birthday. It was so much fun and I just went with it. Started with some wonderful Hess merlot, followed by dinner at a Thai restaurant where I ordered sake and then back to the hotel for a cocktail at the bar! It was so worth it, and so much fun, but yeah, I totally gained 3 lbs. that night. Then Thanksgiving and a cookie exchange happened, plus bloatiness and well, I was up a few more pounds.


This past week I've been really good about keeping moving but between holiday stuff, volunteering at the kids' schools and a big project at work I only got in one really serious workout day. Otherwise, I would consider it sort of maintenance level workouts. I have still been walking the dog every day and Molly and I still run even if it's 25 degrees out! But I only got in a bit of strength training due to time constraints. This made me really reluctant to get back on the scale. I was praying to just please, still be in the 120's - PLEASE! So I cowboyed up this morning and I'm at 127! Fantastic! I am really happy with that. That is within my comfort zone. So I just need to shed 4 lbs. to officially meet my 100 lb. goal. After that I will be really content with anything under 128. If I start creeping anywhere above that number the sirens will go off and I will seriously examine what I've been eating. But I feel like I can really exist here and maintain my weight loss.


I really do like working out now. It's not a chore, it's part of my life and I intend to keep it that way. After a few days of just getting in a dog walk and some ab work I feel really great when I can blow it out and get in a good, challenging workout. It makes me feel physically good and I also have that satisfaction that I accomplished something so meaningful on several levels. I have conquered whatever voices told me to just stay put and hey, there's so many other things to do, I am making sure I NEVER gain back the weight I've worked so hard to lose, and I am fighting off diseases related to obesity.


In related news I am in TWO magazines! WHAT? It's kind of absurd but, yes, I am featured in the January issue of Family Circle magazine and the Dec./Jan. issue of Best Self Atlanta. Both articles feature a number of inspiring weight loss and transformation stories.


So I'll be scheduling my purple hair for the week after Christmas, well, as long as my paycheck gets here in time! I am making sure I have some time this week to get in some good workouts and I don't have any events coming up that would cause me to overindulge. I will have dinner on Christmas Eve at the in laws but I know there will be fruit and veggies that I can eat and Christmas brunch will offer some scrambled eggs and fruit salad. Yes, there will be coffee cake too and I can have a nibble. I know I won't go crazy because I want the scale to remain my friend and not this intimidating contraption of doom in my bedroom!

2 comments:

  1. I'd be curious to see the reactions to your hair from other folks (esp in the conservative South), as you are out and about doing Life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing that makes me more proud than being your coach to help you become the change you seek, is your dedication to stay focused on your goal, truly change your life and the lives of those around you. I will admit if I had a belt system for fitness you are a 10th degree BLACK BELT!! I'm always in your corner and fully endorse you dishing out a purple face via full force Heaven-6 to anyone who takes issue w/ your purple hair! LOL! Merry Christmas and Happy New You!...truthfully welcome to the you who was in hiding!

    ReplyDelete