Sunday, November 21, 2010

OMG - 3 to Go!


I've been a totally remiss blogger. This month has been pretty crazy. At the beginning of the month I caught a cold plus got all bloaty and gained back 3 pounds. Ugh. I felt cruddy and got cranky at not being able to work out and lose the way I planned and started eating stuff I shouldn't. It was kind of hysterical that I won a FB sweepstakes and a company called Rain Tees sent me 3 bars of dark chocolate right then. I am really proud that I still have a few morsels left. I totally could have eaten all three bars that week. The upshot of all that behavior was that on Nov. 9th I was back up to 132.6 lbs. Crud.

Exercise:
That was motivation for me to turn it up this past week. I have been walking running and hitting the bike like nobody's business and have been wearing my heart monitor so I could track my calories burned. One day I burned over 1200 calories so I actually burned more than I consumed. I've been keeping it between 850 and 1100 calories burned per day. It was a lot at times but I want the weight loss more than I wanted to drag my tired ass off that stationary bike. I've been running with my friend Molly and both Tues. and Thursday neither of us was super excited about getting out there but both days we did it and boy, it felt so good to have gotten 4 miles accomplished by 9:30 in the morning! Of course, after Molly left, I threw myself on the bike for an hour!

Eating:
Today I am at 126.2 lbs. I have only 3 lbs. to go to my goal. It's a phenomenal feeling. I know that I can get there by keeping a real careful eye on the calories I take in and keeping my calorie burn high. I am still on Good Measure Meals, they gave me a 2nd month at 50% off. I took another 'after' picture for them so you can see me in their new brochure. So 5 days a week I know I am getting 1200 calories of balanced nutrition. I was planning my meals for Saturday and had a good dose of fiber in the morning, followed by a little bit of fruit and then I planned a salad for lunch so I could get in my 2 - 3 servings of veggies. I wasn't sure what I was going to do for dinner but NEVER thought 'Hmmm, what sounds good for dinner? What do I want?' I immediately thought of what was lacking in my day so far and it was protein. So I looked for some lean protein and found some tilapia that Clay grilled. It's a whole different mind set. It's not about what I feel like eating - that has nothing to do with it. It's what do I need. What does my body need?

I even took the kids to iHop and watched them eat apple crepes and pumpkin pancakes. It all looked really tasty but I drank my hot tea and kept my hands to myself! And look what it got me: 126 lbs.! I haven't seen that number for 2 decades. It's so worth all the hard work.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and maybe I'll see you at the malls in the wee hours of Friday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment